Code of Conduct
We exist to serve our community. We want everyone to have an enjoyable, safe experience at all our events, whether they're attendees, speakers, partners, Tech Circus staff or venue personnel.
Tech Circus follow a code of conduct for all events
We commit to delivering all our events per our Code of Conduct. We are here to serve and support you.
Who is our policy for?
We take pride in delivering inclusive, harassment-free events for everyone regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices.
Behaviour we like to see
We expect all interactions at our events to be professional and for everyone to be respectful towards others and their viewpoints and experiences.
Acceptable and tolerable interactions we expect to see at all our events are:
- Respectful behaviour towards other attendees, speakers, sponsors and staff
- Following the event rules and regulations
- Engaging in positive and constructive interactions with others
- Being punctual and respectful of time
- Being open and inclusive towards people of different backgrounds and identities
- Sharing ideas, thoughts and experiences in a respectful and thoughtful manner
- Use appropriate language and refrain from using derogatory or offensive language.
Behaviour we don’t accept
We have zero tolerance for harassment towards our attendees, including participants, sponsors, speakers, volunteers, venue personnel and our team.
Behaviour we will not tolerate at any of our events includes:
- Written or verbal abuse
- Direct or indirect threats of harm
- Offensive or derogatory jokes, comments and unwelcomed banter
- Stalking, following, or intimidation
- Violent threats or language directed against another person
- Display of sexual or violent images
- Unwelcome remarks about a person’s appearance
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Non-consensual or unwelcome physical contact
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or exclusionary jokes
- Excessive swearing
- Continuing to initiate interaction (including photography or recording) with someone after being asked to stop
- Publication of private communication without consent.
How will we protect you?
Anyone who violates these parameters will be expelled from our events without a refund and barred from all future events (online and in-person).
If you are aware of any harassment happening at our events, whether aimed at you or others, please let us know immediately.
Protection at online events
You can report unwelcome or abusive comments directly in the chat feed at online events. Our team monitors this throughout the events and will act on reports immediately.
You will always find a member of our team at the Tech Circus virtual booth during networking breaks. They will take care of you and any incidents from there. If you’d rather report an incident after an event, you can reach us at email@example.com.
Protection at in person events
Our volunteer team and Tech Circus staff are always happy to speak to you at our events. You can approach them anytime. Just look for people in Tech Circus branded t-shirts.
Our team actively monitors emails during in-person events. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time and our team will act immediately when necessary.